For this Memorial Day weekend, we’ll have the shop open on Saturday and Sunday from 10-4. After that, the shop will be open by appointment. For appointments, please call 920-847-2264, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, text 920-535-0863 or send a message to our Facebook or Instagram pages. As we gauge the number of visitors to the shop over the next few weeks, we may make adjustments to our schedule.
One project this winter was making use of some unfinished pine lumber. A limited number of these single crates and attached-double crates are available for $20 and $35 respectively.
As to what we are doing to make the shop ready for visitors, we are following the “Commitment to Cleanliness & Safety – Door County” guidelines as they apply to our retail setting. They read:
As a business, we commit to the following to protect our customers and employees:
• All employees will wear a mask unless they are working alone
• Face shielding using Plexiglas or other barriers will be used whenever possible
• We will encourage 6 foot distancing
• In general, rather than wear gloves, we will wash our hands frequently and have hand sanitizer available
• We will educate our employees on reducing the spread of infection per CDC guidelines, including not presenting to work if they have symptoms consistent with Covid-19
• We will screen employees for symptoms of Covid-19 when they arrive for work and will have all employees of concern tested
• We will clean and disinfect according to CDC guidelines, paying particular attention to high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, toilets, and faucets
• We participate in regular updates from the Door County Medical Center and Door County Public Health to ensure that we are following the latest guidelines
As a customer, we ask you to do the following to keep our business and community safe:
• Wear a mask to protect other customers and our staff
• Attempt to maintain 6 foot social distancing
• Refrain from patronizing our business if you are experiencing symptoms consistent with Covid-19
• Cough and sneeze into your elbow and away from other people
• Wash and/or sanitize your hands when you enter and exit our premises
In addition, we ask that five or fewer customers be in the shop at one time.
Some other changes to a typical Washington Island season include a note from Sunset Resort that they will not be serving breakfast to the public this year, but phone-in and pick-up of their homemade breads, coffee cake, jam and pancake mix is available. We’ve also heard that the W.I. Literary Festival is postponed until 2021.
The Washington Island Ferry Line has increased their scheduled number of trips per day from four to six. The Karfi to Rock Island will not be running at this time due not only to current guidelines, but also because high water levels affect dock usage. They will continue to provide updates as conditions warrant.
Destination Door County prepared this welcome letter for travelers in preparation of the start of the traditional summer season.
Our neighborhood Sandhill cranes welcomed a little one recently. We welcome the signs of spring across the island and hope to see you, safe and sound, someday soon!Share Sievers with Friends...
Lee Ann Wille says
WOW! We just have cardinals and chickadees in our neighborhood! You have sandhill cranes! Lucky you. I am envious. Hope you’re all well and that you have a wonderful summer session.
Lee Ann Wille
Lee Ann Wille says
Ann, What are the dimensions on the beautiful pine crates? How much would shipping be? Or do we need to come and pick them up in person??? Lee Ann
Carolyn Foss says
Hi Lee Ann,
It’s really looking and feeling like summer today, but I think it’s just a bump in the weather forecast. A few Trillium are peeking out, too.
Thanks for asking about the crates. The single ones have dimensions of approx. 19″ x 14 3/4″ x 11 3/4″ deep and the double ones (overall) 30″ x 18″ x 9 3/4″ deep.
I could ask about them being shipped. The single ones weigh just a few pounds, the double ones are probably over 10 pounds. But picking up is good, too! Thanks,